When you enter drug rehab centers in NH for the first or even the third time, it’s important to enter with a positive mindset. GateHouse Treatment thinks of our staff and patients as a family, and we love to see our family succeed. Being in an addiction treatment program is a great privilege, and making the most of your time is the best way to ensure you learn the skills necessary to continue your recovery journey.
- Keep an open mind. This is especially important if you’re going to be participating in parts of treatment you never have before, or activities you are uncomfortable with. Be open to the challenge and suggestions from others around you.
- Be active. Being static in your group meetings, or refusing to truly create dialogue with professionals does little to help your recovery journey. Join in on the conversation, feel comfortable to be vulnerable, work towards full participation to get the most out of your time.
- Ask questions. If you’re struggling with your rehab or addiction, asking questions is essential. Understanding the treatment process, as well as short term and long term goals, can greatly help you in your own self discovery.
- Listen to the professionals. Following the rules while in rehab is important because they exist for a reason. These programs are designed by professionals, and working with instead of against them means you can work to modify your program to suit and fulfill your needs.
- Accept and commit. The first step in any recovery service is accepting your addiction and committing to recovery. Until these two steps are accomplished, it can be difficult to truly pledge to the recovery process.