In Nashua, New Hampshire there are a plethora of activities to do in sobriety that will fill any urge or passion that you have. There are also a few sober living homes in Nashua, NH as well as sober living options for men and women. The number of sober living homes in Nashua, NH has significantly increased over the past years. Learning how to have fun in sobriety is one of the essential aspects of recovery. Knowing sober activities in your area is important, learning how to live again is an in-depth process. Whether you want to spend the day outside, checking out history, art, or sports; Nashua, New Hampshire has it.
6 Fun Sober Places to go in Nashua, New Hampshire
1. Holman Stadium – Home to the Nashua Silver Knights; a collegiate baseball team, there are always events going on at the baseball stadium. They have also hosted games for an opiate awareness night. If you’re a baseball fan or a fan of music, they too have concerts at the stadium. Holman Stadium is the place for you to have sober fun. As with most sports stadiums, they do sell alcohol, make sure you go with sober supports to hold each other accountable.
2. Conway Arena – Ice hockey is extremely popular in the Northeast, whether you like to play hockey or watch games, all your needs can be met at the Conway Arena. They have recreational teams and freestyle skating. Get members of your halfway house together and visit the ice rink. Physical activity and fun combined into one activity is a great way to have fun in sobriety in Nashua, NH.
3. Mine Falls Park – If you enjoy nature, Mine Falls Park is perfect year round! Get a game of football or soccer going with your sober supports, try cross-country skiing, go mountain biking, watch the foliage change during the fall. The possibilities are endless at Mine Falls Park. There are plenty of activities to choose from. For animal lovers, there is also an awesome dog park.
4. Windblown Cross-Country Skiing and Snowshoeing Area – In New England, there are many outdoor winter sports to partake in. Even if these are activities that you used to do before addiction or alcoholism, you can go back and get into them again. If you’ve never done them before, you can learn how to now. It’s never too late to learn a new hobby. A big part of supporting your sobriety is learning new hobbies, and exploring new passions.
5. Sky Venture – Indoor skydiving isn’t something that many places offer. They also an indoor water ride, indoor surfing, and rock climbing. With all these great things offered, you can have summer fun year-round here. Get a group of people from your sober living house and go, it’s right in Nashua!
6. Pheasant Lane Mall – Everyone enjoys shopping on occasion. The Pheasant Lane Mall is huge and can meet all your needs, from shopping to finding a job. There are always new stores to visit and is a good place to grab a bite to eat after a meeting.
20 Fun Things to do at Your Sober Living in Nashua, New Hampshire
- Have a BBQ with your roommates.
- Rent a movie at Redbox or binge watch your favorite show on a rainy day.
- Cook dinner as a house.
- Read daily meditation together in the morning.
- Rent kayak’s and go to a park as a group. Here are some places near Nashua that offer kayak rentals:
– Nashoba Paddler Rentals
–Massabesic Canoe & Kayak
- Go for a walk, explore where you’re at. There are some great trails around Nashua, NH.
– Mine Falls Park
– Horse Hill Nature Preserve
- Read a book.
– Here’s a list of 10 books you should read in your lifetime. You can get them at your local library.
- Go swimming. Here’s a list of lakes to go swimming at near Nashua, NH.
- Volunteer at a local charity. Here are some charities around the Nashua area.
– Nashua Soup Kitchen & Shelter
– Catholic Charities New Hampshire
– High Hopes Foundation
- Go see a new movie that you’re interested in. Here are some local movie theaters around Nashua:
– Cinemagic in Merrimack NH
– AMC Tyngsboro 12
- Get a pick-up game of basketball, baseball, or dodge ball going with your roommates.
- Make a feel-good playlist.
- Organize your closet and donate things you don’t wear anymore! Here’s some drop offs for donations near Nashua, NH.
– The Salvation Army Family Store
– Savers Community Drop Spot
- Make a journal, write in it when you have a good or bad day so that you can track yourself and what makes you upset or happy.
- Exercise – run, walk, do yoga, anything. Exercise is great for you physically, and for your mental health.
- Try out a new meeting that you want to go to.
– New Hampshire AA Meeting List
– New Hampshire NA Meeting List
– Refuge Recovery New Hampshire Meeting List
- Think like a kid – Go bowling, visit a water park, go mini- golfing.
- Pick up a hobby that you’ve always been interested in.
- Start a game night at your halfway house!
– Board games
– Card games
This is just a small list we’ve compiled; there are so many more activities to do in Nashua, NH. Between the beautiful historic architecture, scenic outdoors, meeting spaces, and an active recovery community, it’s easy to find sober activities in Nashua, New Hampshire. If you’re looking for sober living in Nashua, GateHouse has a sober community that is perfect for you. One of the essential parts of recovery that we lose in active addiction is a connection with others. Immersing yourself in sober living and fun sober activities is a stepping stone in leading a great life in recovery. Sobriety can become a way of life. You have to give it a chance.
If you or a loved one are looking for options of Sober Living, contact us at (855) 448-3588. GateHouse Treatment would be happy to help you!
- Addiction Morality: GateHouse Treatment Explores the Arguments from All Sides - March 14, 2023
- Entering Rehab: 4 Effective Tips to Communicate Your Decision - March 14, 2023
- The Dangers of Heroin Addiction: 5 Important Facts to Know - March 14, 2023